There are weight loss methods like a double-edged sword: both weight loss and reduced health. Depending on conditions of each person, you need to research the advantages and disadvantages of each method to choose an effective, safe way to your health.
Therefore, in this post, I will give you the advantages and disadvantages of common weight loss methods nowadays. Let’s check it out!
Advantages and disadvantages of weight loss methods
1. Low carb diet
This is one of the hottest weight loss methods today. The basic characteristic of this method is the removal of starch (carbohydrates) in the diet. Instead, the diet is mostly protein and fat.
- Pros: Fast weight loss, up to 4-6 pounds per week.
- Cons: Causing nutritional imbalances in daily rations. Starches are converted into energy for the body. Excessive carbohydrate suppression can cause the body to lack energy, fatigue. This strict diet makes many people can only follow in a short time.
2. Liposuction surgery / Place a gastric balloon in the stomach
Liposuction is the fastest way to lose weight. Doctors will remove liposuction from making the desired areas of the body smaller. Placing the gastric balloon in the stomach and laparoscopic surgery is a method only for women with severe obesity.
- Pros: Quick, effective immediately.
- Cons: However, this method is expensive and more risky, painful, can cause complications if the surgery has negligence. This is almost the last solution when you want to lose weight.
3. Taking weight loss pills
Taking weight loss pills can reduce your weight! It’s true. Moreover, on the market, there are many types that suit every pocket. About the mechanism, weight loss medications contain diuretics, laxatives or nerve blockers that cause the body to lose appetite, leading to weight loss.
- Pros: If the body is fit for the mechanism of the diet pills, they can help you lose weight fast, especially with the busy people.
- Cons: This is one of the ways to lose weight with the most side effects. The immediate side effect may be diarrhea (because of the effect of laxatives), nausea, dizziness … In the long run, when the body is dehydrated, vulnerable to weakness, exhaustion.
Psychologically, weight loss pills can cause fatigue, anxiety, and imbalance in physiological emotions. Some ingredients of weight loss pills can also stimulate the liver and kidneys to work excessively, causing damage to the liver, kidneys, and organ failure.
On weight loss effects, diet pills can reduce muscle. While losing weight, you need to reduce fat in unwanted areas.
- If you intend to lose weight by taking diet pills, you should refer to some information on credible sources on the internet such as “what is the best weight loss pills for women?”, “top 5 diet pills 2017”. Or you can search “Fenfast 375 review” to read its reviews if you have it in mind.
Losing weight is a good way to have a well-proportioned, healthy body. If you are going to lose weight, it’s best to consult a doctor for helpful advice.
In the post, I’ve just given you advantages and disadvantages of three popular weight loss methods. I hope it can help you. If you want to ask something, feel free to leave your comment. Thank you for reading and see you in my next post!